Los bautismos, casamientos, y entierros celebrados en la Iglesia San Andrés, Buenos Aires, 1827-1915

Baptisms, Marriages and Burials in St Andrew's Scots Church, Buenos Aires, 1827-1915

Registros

"Tomo 1"
"Tomo K"
"Tomo 2"
"Tomo 3"
"Tomo 4"
"Tomo 5"
"Tomo 6"

Bautismos

1827-1849

1850-1851
1851-1863
1864-1878
1879-1892
1893-1913
1914-1915

Matrimonios

1827-1849

1850-1851
1852-1863
1864-1878
1879-1892
1893-1913
1914-1915
Entierros

1850-1863

1864-1878
1879-1892
1893-1913
1914-1915

vea observaciones sobre esta transcripción/notes on this transcription

Los pastores presbiterianos del siglo XIX/Scots Presbyterian Ministers in 19th century Argentina

Prefacio
Desde los primeros dias, habían escoceses radicados en la Argentina. En 1822, se estimaba que los mismos ascendían a 1.200 personas. Nuevas olas de inmigrantes llegaron en 1825 y en los años subsiguientes. La necesidad de poder brindarles apoyo espiritual llevó al arribo del primer pastor presbiteriano, el reverendo William Brown.

A medida de que creció la comunidad escocesa, también creció la necesidad de formar su propia iglesia. Así fue como se fundó en 1829 el “Scotch Presbyterian Chapel”, que posteriormente, en 1835 fue reemplazado por el “St. Andrew’s Scotch Presbyterian Church”.

Entre las funciones del Pastor, estaba la creación y mantenimiento de los registros de los bautismos, casamientos, y sepelios, de los miembros de la comunidad. Los registros de la comunidad escocesa han sobrevivido y se encuentran en poder de la Iglesia.

Se dedican estas páginas a la transcripción de los registros del siglo XIX y de los primeros años del siglo XX de la Iglesia Escocesa de Buenos Aires. Agradecemos al Consistorio de la Iglesia Presbiteriana San Andrés del Centro la gentileza de permitir esta publicación en internet.

Preface
From the earliest days, Scots were to be found in Argentina. By 1822, there were reckoned to be 1,200 of them. New waves of immigrants from Scotland came in from 1825. The need to provide spiritually for them led to the arrival of the first Presbyterian minister, the Revd. William Brown in 1826.

As the community increased, so the desire to build a Scots church became more marked. As a result, the “Scotch Presbyterian Chapel” was founded in 1829, to be replaced by the “St Andrew's Scotch Presbyterian Church” in 1835.

Among the duties of the church minister was the creating and maintenance of records of baptisms, marriages and burials of the members of the community. These that relate to the Scots community largely have survived and are in the possession of the church.

This section of the website is dedicated to the transcription of the 19th and early 20th century records of St. Andrew’s Church in the centre of Buenos Aires and we are grateful to the Kirk Session of St Andrew’s Presbyterian City Church for granting permission for its publication.

©  Jeremy Howat, February 2005


regrese a la primera página/back to the opening page of the website
© The form of presentation of this information is the copyright of Jeremy Howat, February 2005